Math Centers in Third Grade

Written on October 12, 2012 – 11:35 am | by Catina Chapman

One of my teachers set up centers for her third grade math class.  It was so wonderful, I had to share!

Station 1: Flashcards.  Students took turns being the quizzer for the other students. 

Station 2: Worksheet.  She had originally planned for it to be a site on Ncomputing stations, but they did’t work.  She went with the backup plan.

Station 3: Dice.  Students took turns rolling two dice, then recording their digits as tens and ones.  Later, they rolled one of the dice twice so they could record a three digit number.  The rounded each number. 

Station 4: Place Value QR Code game, using an iPad to check their answers.  This game was a freebie from Katie Jonees, and it was well aligned to what our third graders are learning.  Although every member of the group answered each on his or her paper, students took turns using Qrafter to check after each problem.

Station 5: 3rd Grade Splash Math.  Again, all students thought through each problem, but they took turns clicking on one iPad. 

Tags: , , , ,

1. One Response to “Math Centers in Third Grade”

2.   By Katie on Oct 17, 2012 |

I’m so glad you were able to use the QR cards in your classroom; I hope the students enjoyed them :)

Post a Comment